I can’t decide which tidbit of news I’ve found I should post, so I’ll link you to all 8 of them.
- The European Union banned lightbulbs over 60 watts to help increase energy efficiency. One sly German is now selling heatballs, which conveniently fit in light-bulb sockets.
- President Obama is going to be on Mythbusters on December 8th. Mark your calendar, put it in your phone, or set your DVR.
- MakerLegoBot is made out of LEGOs and the NXT Bricks, and makes things out of LEGOs. “So meta it hurts.” [scroll down for vid]
- It’s possible to be stylish and nerdy at the same time. Jewelry that plays mp3s.
- A big rule of robotics is that the robots should never hurt people. One does research to ensure other robots don’t hurt people. It does it by punching them. More useful than a dancing robot. Maybe.
- For anyone who has played any of the Fallout games (most likely Fallout 3), you might enjoy hearing that the US Army is testing their own PIPBoys.
- Deep Blue beat a human chess player a long time ago, but that’s because it’s a simpler game than others. Now, a computer beat an award-winning Shogi–Japanese chess–player.
- 3d TVs without 3d glasses.