Today we’ll leave you folks with some interesting links from the world of engineering
- Bored? Program some spare parts to turn an Etch-A-Sketch into a clock.
- Good advance for sustainability in the US: over a million Priuses have been sold now.
- This is the real solution to free energy and perpetual motion.*
- These guys engineered a great way to waste lots of money. Makes sense because it’s a lottery ad. Funny though.
- We’re falling behind! South Korea gets 1Gbps internet connectivity.
- Very interesting TED talk about Stuxnet, the first computer virus used as a weapon against a specific target and a “cyber-weapon of mass destruction.”
- Cool video about the history of Linux. Give it a watch; only 4 minutes long. TIL the founder of Linux lives in Portland.
- Library addon to the Kinect’s “Greenfoot” SDK makes it much easier to program them.
- Funny website counting down the days until Internet Explorer version 6 is no longer used anywhere. For web developers, IE6 is the bane of their existence because it rendered web pages wrong.
*There’s no such thing as either of these, obviously. Just watch the whole video.