Today we’ll have some of the most interesting Engineering-related links for you:
- Asia officially runs out of IPv4 addresses. The only reason we haven’t is because we have been reusing old ones.
- Newest rail gun made by a company called General Atomics can fire rounds at one mile per second.
- Firefox releases the “Aurora” build line. That means you can get experimental updates and test them out before they’re officially released. More useful than their “Nightly” line, which is often unstable and intended for developers/testers.
- News: Tech Jobs are exploding once again.
- Some Brazilian engineers made a flight simulator. For fun. Cool video.
- The US Army is getting their first smartphone. The Android OS is going to be its platform. Why make games when you could make Army Apps? What would they even be..?
- If you remember our post about some guys who won the nobel prize for making graphene out of school supplies, check this out: Graphene paper which is 10 times stronger than steel.
- Something fun: bored person hooks a bunch of home appliances to a computer and makes them make music.
- Weird headline. “Energy harvesting skin generates power from air conditioners.” It’s a thin layer you could put over air vents, which collects ambient thermal energy.
- Interesting, old video of some cool police technology. Whoever uploaded the video clearly is against it.