Today we’re going to link you to some of the most interesting updates in our realm of engineering, technology, and science:
- Starting out with something you can take a hand in: The STEM videogame challenge. It’s for 5-8th graders. Next season is going to start around October. Put it on your calender so you don’t forget!
- Google is pretty active lately. They’re releasing the (long-talked-about) Chrome noteooks this June. Watch this commercial.
- Here’s a robot inspired by the sandfish lizard, which should be able to burrow through material like what you might see near the epicenter of an earthquake. Imagine one of these things finding you and saving your life.
- Another one from Google: remember when we mentioned Android@Home? Google is going to release their own LED lightbulbs which can wirelessly interface with it.
- Check this infared interface out. Touchscreen without the screen.
- Again Google: they want to make this driverless car legal in Nevada. There’s a video in the link.
- Learn something about server storage architecture. Wordy, but some interesting graphics.
- Finally, here’s a cool (opinionated) article about Chrome OS. They compare it to Skynet, from the Terminator.