Nothing but the most interesting tech and engineering related links for you today!
- MIT blog entry: “How the Rise of Google’s Chromebook Is Like the Rise of Multicellular Life.” His connection between wifi and oxygen is pretty interesting.
- A BBC article about something we posted about earlier: graphene–“Is graphene a miracle material?“
- Apparently China has a unit of 30 ‘cyber soldiers’ who are supposed to defend the Chinese army from cyber attacks. But this AustralianIT article seems to think China is planning to conduct cyber warfare. What do you think?
- Here’s a super-high-definition TV display. 16 1080p HDTVs equals one of this.
- This robot climbs on things using adhesion caused by supersonic air jets. What?
- Looks like Africa is now working to become a technological superpower: “Africa’s business technology revolution gathers pace“
- Cool video demonstrating how the future might look. TOUCHSCREEN EVERYTHING!
- A report about how some insane group of people transmitted data at 26Tbps using a laser. That’s 3,328 Gbps, or 3407872Mbps. Your internet is probably 20 Mbps, for an idea of how fast that is.