Happy Labor Day to everyone! In celebration, we’re doing a mini link-dump to some of mankind’s most ambitious projects—all of which are marvels in engineering and human labor!
- MSNBC’s top 10: “Humankind’s most ambitious science projects.”
- While the Burj Khalifa is the tallest man-made structure in the world right now, Kingdom Tower in Saudi Arabia has been approved for construction and will take its place around 2017! It will stand one mile tall.
- Here’s a video of Bagger 288, the world’s largest land vehicle. Enjoy the weird, weird, apocalyptic techno song. Someone had fun with this video.
- Check out ASIMO, which is still considered by many to be the world’s most advanced robot. Except maybe this kid.
- Some of the most ambitious (hypothetical) bridge designs. And some of the most ambitious transportation projects, a few of which overlap with that last link.