Today we’re just gonna treat you with some of the hottest engineering and CS links around!
- Techy article about NASA’s research on tractor beams.
- Portland is pretty much the most bike-friendly city in the US, and easily one of the most so in the world. But the engineering research that makes it safe for drivers and bikers to share the roads comes in part from OSU’s Driving Simulator Lab.
- Here’s a really cool old magazine article (pdf) about 3d rendering in the year 1909. We’ve gotten a lot better at it now, yes?
- More from OSU. One CS student’s internship wound up landing him a sweet job working at SpaceX, one of the first private space exploration companies.
- One more cool old thing. Check out the evolution of our conception of the jetpack across history.
- For the ladies: this well-worded article paints a picture of “what a computer scientist really looks like.” Stereotypes are for chumps. Go get ’em, girls.
- Possible cultural implications aside, this is a pretty cool idea: the One Laptop Per Child project is gonna drop tablet computers from a helicopter to isolated villages.
- Learn about the computer chip that can be powered by a potato.