Today we’re just going to provide you with some of the hottest engineering and CS links around!
- Check out a USB stick which contains a dual-core processor, wi-fi, bluetooth, HDMI and MicroSD. They call it “any screen computing.” The work of some clever electrical and computer engineers.
- Chemical and materials engineers developed this new material that’s 100 times lighter than styrofoam and made out of nickel. Same story from BBC’s point of view.
- Here’s why we need systems security engineers, who know their computer science: Hackers attack a city water station and destroy a water pump. Don’t underestimate the power of the dark side. Edit: This story was recently debunked. If the group had a good security engineer, they would have known what was going on much earlier!
- Organic LEDs are the future of lighting, and probably even computer monitors too. Here’s a cool short informational video about OLEDs.
- Robot snake versus robot spider. For science! The video is kind of silly until you realize how the spider is being controlled.
- Read about a new surveillance drone for the US military, called Argus One. It’s a ‘sky worm.’ Bonus: 10 military aircraft that never made it past testing.
- Even 6th graders are getting into CS. Check out Thomas Suarez’s TED talk. If you want to get in, get in early!