Not much to say, just enjoy these great engineering and CS links!
- A couple 17-year-olds in Ireland made facial recognition software which they hope to integrate directly with password fields. Never type a password again? They’re aiming big, so let’s root for them!
Instructions for building your own X-ray machine. X-rays are too dangerous (read: awesome) to try this without expert help.
- Intriguing: This website aims to predict the future of Earth in terms of climate change, technology and space exploration. All of which can be improved or helped with good engineers!
- You may have heard about two bills going through congress, SOPA and PIPA. A lot of people think they’re dangerous and are taking their websites down for a day, in protest. Read one man’s opinion about what these bills might do.
- Inspirational: A homeless high school student is a finalist for this year’s Intel Science Talent Search.
- IBM decides to take Moore’s Law to the extreme, to find how few atoms are needed to store one bit of data. Turns out you can do it with just 12. Wow!Video at the end.
- Awesome video from NASA about cold fusion. It may be possible right now.