All we’ve got to say is to enjoy the day, check out these links, and be on your way! Great engineering and computer science links:
- Cool article about how the muppet film was boosted by GPU chip advances.
- MIT’s Education Arcade is going to make an MMO. That’s a massively-multiplayer-online game. Check out the Education Arcade website for game screenshots.
- Big national news: The US licenses the first new nuclear reactors since 1978. Hopefully these ones will be well-designed by good engineers.
- Khan Academy, one of our favorites free online learning centers, managed to steal a Google employee. Does that mean Khan Academy might be a good place for your future?
- A new graphics rendering technique which makes real-time, high-quality skin possible to render on home PCs. Graphics programming is one of the most innovative fields of programming, since they’re always fighting to get every drop of performance out of their hardware. Video at the end.
- Very informative opinion article about how skeuomorph programming and design is stifling innovation. A skeuomorph is a design which was, in the past, necessary or efficient, but is now only used because nobody’s redesigned it yet.
- Read about error-correcting data transmission, one of the most important things for our noisy, wireless-data-filled world.
- Finally, read about Japan’s avatar-robot. A good example of increasing the awesome.