Today we just want you to unwind in whatever way you see fit, and enjoy these really great engineering and computer science links.
- Cadillac promises self-driving feature on cars, “super cruise control,” by 2015
A story of some engineers looking to win the $250,000 Sikorski prize to build a human-powered helicopter.
- An electric company is celebrating Earth Day by releasing an LED light bulb that lasts twenty years. Oh, and since it’s LED it takes almost no energy.
- DARPA recently tested a hypersonic aircraft they call HTV-2. Unfortunately, going Mach 20 for 3 minutes straight tends to destroy planes.
- Niel deGrasse Tyson’s keynote speech at the 28th National Space Symposium. It’s long, but it’s good.
- Just read the headline: “New Asteroid Mining Company May Solve World’s Economic Problems“
- Read about how computer science is used at museums to preserve Medieval art.