It’s been a while since we’ve had a good link dump, so check out these awesome CS and engineering blurbs from across the internet!
- Without any human interference, a human-brain-simulation watching YouTube learned to recognize cats. We wonder why…
- A beautiful visualization of the evolution of the internet, in terms of the languages used to code it and the applications used to explore it.
- DARPA is going to execute a plan to create zombie satellites. Exciting! Video below.
- Speaking of space, NASA astronomers have discovered a planet whose atmosphere is getting blown away by its sun. Video.
- Oh, but it gets even better. The engineers are working hard on this project to create a permanent colony on Mars. And they’re going to make a reality TV show of it.
- University of Texas hacked a US Department of Homeland Security drone on a $1000 budget. These bright young minds sure got the government’s attention. If they don’t get in a ton of trouble, they might get a job. We definitely recommend more intelligent tactics for getting hired.
- We’re proud to announce that Oregon has two of the top-20 spots for “Top tech city.” Portland and Corvallis (homes of PSU and OSU, respectively.)
This is what DARPA’s Zombie Satellite program aims to do.