Let’s keep talking down, so you can get straight to the best engineering and computer science links on the web!
- In a great step forward for technology and civil services both, we’ll soon all be able to text 911 for help.
- Another example of how technology can become dominant in ‘non-tech’ fields: medicine, where some people estimate that 80% of the work that today’s doctor does can be replaced by a computer. This is thanks to advances like Watson, a supercomputer which won the game show Jeopardy, and is going to be used to diagnose diseases.
- Good news for greengineers, and the future of sustainable engineering: almost half of the energy-generating capacity installed this year comes from a renewable source.
- An awesome version of the medical tricorder has been invented, and it connects to your smartphone!
- An interesting read about how future space exploration will be done in the private sector. That means if you want to work in the space industry, don’t look for a government job!
- Bonus: Check out this Portland engineer who build a one-wheeled motorcycle. And watch the TED Talk from the creator.